Dynabrade air tools, as with any other, periodically require maintenance to keep them running at optimal performance. This often includes replacing high wearing parts such as vanes, shims, bearings, etc. and is a service which we offer to our customers, with all work being completed by highly qualified & experienced engineers.
Our Repair Process
- A service engineer will dismantle & inspect the tool, note any reported faults, wear or damage to parts (including air line connectors and accessories such as backing pads, holders, etc) and provide a report with a break down the work required and either the costings involved to return the machine to an operational and near-new condition, or an advisory that the cost in comparison to the price of replacing the machine makes the repair uneconomical.
- This document will also include any advisories given by the engineer, such as recommendations for how the operator can alter their own process when using the tool to improve its life and performance (e.g. to lubricate more regularly, to check the quality of the air supply, etc.)
- We will then provide this report to the customer along with the price of a new tool at which point a decision can then be made how to proceed.
- If the customer decides both not to proceed with the service and not to buy a replacement machine, then an inspection fee of £25 (plus £10.50 carriage and VAT) will be applicable per tool. If the customer goes ahead with the repair or purchases a new tool then this charge will not be applied.
- Once authorisation has been given by the customer and the work has been completed (if applicable) then the engineer will test the RPM speed and vibration details, and for a fee can provide a certificate detailing the results which will be included with the tool when it is returned to the customer.
- All information relating to the tool, including the engineer’s report, additional advisories/recommendations, vibration data etc. will be logged on our system to record the history, with a new date being set for when the next service will be due. This will be based on the agreed service intervals for this process to then be repeated.
Please use the form below to book your tool repair. You will then receive an email; please put a copy of it in the box along with your tool(s) and send them to the shipping address stated within the email.